Partner / Equivalent
Partner - Employment
Employment / labour (general), Health and safety, Data protection and cybersecurity, Trade
Alison has close to 18 years’ experience in a wide-ranging employment practice, advising private sector and public sector clients on all aspects of employment, industrial relations and human resources law, and work health and safety law. She also advises private and public sector organisations on the application of privacy legislation.
Alison has been recognised in The Best Lawyers in Australia in employee benefits law every year since 2014 and as a recommended employment lawyer in Victoria in Doyle’s Guide to the Australian Legal Profession and the 2020 edition of the Legal 500 Asia Pacific. She has been a finalist in 2016 and 2017 for the Lawyers Weekly Partner of the Year Awards, Workplace Relations.
- Providing strategic advice on compliance with the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth), including advice on the National Employment Standards and modern awards.
- Advising on, and assisting with the bargaining and implementation of, enterprise agreements in accordance with the Fair Work Act 2009 (Cth).
- Drafting and advising on terms and conditions of employment for all levels of employees, including executive service agreements for executive level employees.
- Advising organisations on compliance with the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and various State privacy and surveillance legislation, including advising on and drafting privacy policies, internal privacy guidelines, privacy terms.
- Assisting organisations with responding to breach of privacy claims.
- Assisting organisations with responding to investigations by the Victorian Ombudsman into alleged improper conduct and breaches of the Victorian Protected Disclosure Act 2012.
- Assisting public sector entities regarding compliance with the Protected Disclosure Act 2012 (Vic).
- Drafting submissions in response to requests for information made under FOI legislation.
Employment and Industrial Relations
Protected disclosure legislation
Health & Community
Technology and Digital Economy
Financial Services and Insurance