Partner / Equivalent
Partner - Commercial Dispute Resolution
Corporate and commercial (contentious), Product liability, Financial services (regulatory), Financial services (contentious), Competition / anti-trust
Graydon leads the firm’s Litigation and dispute resolution team.
He acts on behalf of a number of national and overseas clients on large and complex commercial litigation matters and advises on all aspects of dispute resolution. He has particular expertise in contract disputes, negligence cases, regulatory matters including ASIC and ACCC investigations, coronial inquests and commissions, and product liability. He has advised clients in both the private and public sector.
He represents his clients in mediations, arbitrations and contested hearings in the Federal Court, State Supreme Courts, County Court and various tribunals.
- Representing the non-executive directors of Banksia Securities Limited in the defence of a class action and related ASIC investigation and public examination hearings.
- Representing Sauber Motorsport AG team in the high profile Supreme Court of Victoria proceedings brought by a former driver in connection with the 2015 Australian F1 Grand Prix.
- Advising Ramsay Health Care Limited in a series of contractual disputes.
- Advising Mazda Australia in a series of contractual disputes.
- Advising the employees of a large finance organisation in respect of an ASIC investigation.
- Advising Marsh Australia Pty Ltd in defence of proceedings involving allegations of breach of contract, misleading and deceptive conduct, and liability under statute.
- Advising BASF Australia Limited in a series of contractual disputes and actions for recovery of customs duties.
- Advising IAG Limited in a contractual dispute.
Litigation and dispute resolution
Competition and consumer law
Partnerships, corporations and trusts
Financial services disputes and regulatory practice
Health & Community
Technology and Digital Economy
Financial Services and Insurance