Partner / Equivalent
Disputes / litigation (general), Arbitration, Fraud and corporate crime (contentious), Corporate and commercial (contentious), Professional negligence, Anti-bribery and corruption (contentious)
Partner in the London office of Trowers & Hamlins LLP, a 150 partner law firm headquartered in London with 10 offices in the UK, the Middle East and Malaysia.
Extensive experience in the High Court and at appellate level. Personal recommendations include The Legal 500 2018 for Commercial Litigation: "instrumental in steering litigation through procedural complexities".
Leads Trowers' international arbitration team. Personal recommendations include The Legal 500 2018 for International Arbitration: "Beale and his team are able to navigate international arbitrations efficiently and diligently".
Deals with injunctive relief, fraud and internal investigations. Personal recommendations include The Legal 500 2018 for Civil Fraud: "flexible, realistic, hard-working and has excellent judgment."
- Acting for a US energy company in LCIA arbitration proceedings against its customers in Central and Eastern Europe, including successfully obtaining and enforcing substantial awards.
- Acting for a UAE investment fund in a dispute arising out of their joint venture for a £100m London real estate development: responded to a freezing injunction and successfully negotiated an overall settlement.
- Acting for the respondent in Michael Wilson & Partners v Sinclair  EWCA Civ 774 – Court of Appeal decision on relief from sanctions.
- Acting for a global healthcare company in an ICC arbitration against an AIM-listed pharmaceutical company (successfully settled).
- Acting for the second claimant in Europa and Anthracite BalCo v Anthracite Investments  EWHC 437 (Comm), succeeding in a structured finance claim.
- Acting for a business founder defending substantial post sale breach of warranty claims; succesfully settled after a 2 day mediation, for a fraction of their value.
- Acting for a professional services firm in a USD 50 million claim against the Latin American subsidiary of a NYSE listed technology company. Devised a settlement strategy which resulted in a succesful pre-action resolution after a 5 day mediation.
- Advising government bodies, lenders and commerical businesses on anti-money laundering issues, including drafting the National Housing Federation's sector guidance.
- The full range of commercial disputes, including contractual claims, shareholder and partnership disputes, warranty, earn-out and other corporate disputes, banking and financial services litigation, aviation disputes, disputes in the manufacturing, engineering and TMT sectors typically with heavy technical aspects, professional negligence, trusts and probate litigation and contentious insolvency.
- A significant amount of work with an international dimension, including managing litigation and arbitration in other jurisdictions.
- Sitting as an arbitrator. Ned is a Fellow (FCIArb) of the Chartered Institute of Arbitrators and a member of the LCIA and the CEDR Commercial Arbitrators panel.
- Regulatory and risk management advice, especially on anti-money laundering.