Partner / Equivalent
Corporate (general), M&A deals (mid-market), M&A deals (large / premium), Corporate and group structuring, reorganisations and rationalisations, Public takeovers and mergers, Equity capital markets, Due diligence, Joint ventures, M&A deals (small / domestic)
I am an experienced corporate lawyer with particular expertise in M&A and equity capital market transactions and also in advising publicly traded companies on their disclosure and other regulatory obligations.
As a business adviser, I am also able to draw on the experience gained over 5 years as CEO of an international professional services firm with annual revenues of c.£170m and over 1,100 employees.
- Assystem Technologies' £281.3m takeover of SQS.
- Nerudia's sale to Imperial Brands for up to £106.5m.
- Assura’s £98.4m share placing to fund acquisitions.
- BA’s sale of BA Connect to Flybe.
- BT’s City Code takeover of Transcomm.
- Co-op’s £1.65bn acquisition of Somerfield.
- MyTravel’s £852m hostile bid for First Choice.
- MyTravel’s $385m US tender offer for Travel Services International.
My experience spans:
- cross-border as well as UK transactions;
- both public (City Code) takeovers and private company M&A;
- advising entrepreneurs/owner-managed businesses as well as listed companies;
- both buy-side (acquisitions) and sell-side (divestitures);
- equity capital markets transactions, including IPOs and secondary issues.