Partner / Equivalent
Construction and infrastructure, Corporate (general), Major projects / infrastructure, Procurement, Joint ventures, Commercial (general), Property management
Ranked in Chambers - View my Profile
Ted is a partner at the international law firm of Gowling WLG (Canada) LLP, and the Head of the firm's Infrastructure & Construction Group.
He is Certified by the Law Society of Ontario as a Specialist in Construction Law, and is recognized as a leading construction and infrastructure lawyer in Chambers, Lexpert, Best Lawyers Canada and Legal500 Canada.
Ted acts on all aspects of tendering, negotiating and drafting of construction contracts, structuring, project management, financing and sales. He works in all sectors that involve construction projects, including P3/infrastructure, commercial construction, mixed-use real estate development, power, nuclear and other energy projects, rail refurbishment and mining.
- Act for many of Canada's top national real estate developers on condominium, retail, commercial and mixed use development projects.
- Acted for Toronto Community Housing in connectino with multiple sites as part of its Revitalization Projects.
- Acted for the Buffalo and Fort Erie Public Bridge Authority for the Peace Bridge Rehabilitation Project.
- Acted for Rosatom in the negotiation and drafting of a US$35 billion four reactor nuclear power plant design-build and finance project in Egypt, including multiple amendments.
- Acted for a international mining construction company in the engineering, procurement and construction contract and financing arrangements for a gold mine in Fiji.
- Acting for a railway company operator in connection with the acquisition, structuring, operations, refurbishments and financing of multiple Shortline railways.
- Acted for a major nuclear operator in connection with its $15 billion refurbishment.
- Acted for a large Ontario municipality in connection with the development of a social and affordable housing project.
- Standard form contracts
- EPC/EPCM Contracts
- Joint Venture and Partnership Agreements
- Municipal planning
- Renewable Energy
- Real Estate Development
- Mixed-Use Projects