Partner / Equivalent
Corporate (general), Contract lawyers, Corporate governance, Financial services (general), Real estate investment funds, M&A deals (large / premium), Investment funds
Tony has been the Hall & Wilcox Managing Partner since 2007. He is well recognised in the legal sector and has led the firm through a period of substantial growth and success.
Tony won Managing Partner of the Year at the Australian Law Awards in 2017 and 2015 (and was a finalist in 2014 and 2016). He was also a finalist for Law Firm Leader at the Australasian Law Awards in 2017. Tony won the Law Institute of Victoria Managing Partner of the Year Award in 2009.
Tony, as Managing Partner of Hall & Wilcox, is responsible for driving the firm’s strategy, leading the firm’s partners and staff, managing the firm’s relationships with its key clients and representing the firm publicly.
- Acting for the owners of Liberty Oil in its 50% sale to Viva Energy.
- Acting for Arena Investment Management in the sale (by trust scheme) of the Arena Property Fund to KKR.
- Acting for APN Property Group in the $300m IPO and listing of Industria REIT.
- Acting for Bendigo and Adelaide Bank in numerous commercial transactions, including wealth business acquisition and community bank transactions.
- Acting for AXA Asia Pacific in numerous corporate and acquisition transactions, the establishment of the ‘North’ ordinary money capital guaranteed product.
- Acting for Tony and Maureen Wheeler (founding shareholders) and interests associated with John Singleton/Mark Carnegie in the sale of Lonely Planet Publications to BBC Worldwide.
- Acting for the responsible entity and fund manager in the proposed Pacific Retail REIT IPO, which involved the potential acquisition of five sub-regional shopping centres and a $370 million capital raising (not completed).
- Acting for APN Funds Management in the IPO and ASX listing of the APN/UKA European Retail Trust and the Trust’s two subsequent non-renounceable accelerated rights offers.
Corporate and commercial
Corporate governance and directors' duties
Mergers and acquisitions
Health & Community
Technology and Digital Economy
Financial Services and Insurance